Top Five Job Hunting/Networking Tips at NASPA
This week's blog will be short as I'm currently on a train to Baltimore for NASPA. As I mentally prepare myself for the overwhelming maniacal whirlwind that is to come, I want to share a top five tips list that I've put together culling from a variety of websites. I hope to knock off as many of these as I can during NASPA and I will expand on them/share my success and failure for next week's blog. So here we go:
5) Use social media to connect with and compliment the speakers
4) Forget just giving out business cards - collect them
3) Ask meaningful questions of the people you meet
2) SMILE (via Bridgewater State University)
1) Establish goals: pursue depth of knowledge, network, or learn something new (via Chronicle of Higher Education)
Here we go!